Saturday, June 29, 2013

Portland, Maine - Well we're getting closer to it anyway

Yesterday we headed out of Montpelier and made the drive through New Hampshire to Maine. We arrived mid-afternoon, found our campground, and got settled in. We drove all day through the rain and it continued to rain into the evening. Needless to say, the campground was a little sloshy. Heather and Lauren got the spot next to us and we helped to set up their tent also. We burned some time at a local mall before meeting the family at Newick's Lobster House. In addition to our six, my mother and brother, Lauren, Heather, Joseph and Micah, we were joined by Uncle Rick and Kyle, Michael, Daniel, Molly, and Rosemary, Victoria, Laurie, and Sasha , Elizabeth, Isabelle, and Sophie. I'm not sure whether I really like lobster or that it makes a great vehicle for butter delivery.

This morning, after eating breakfast at the campground, we headed to the Scarborough Beach State Park. It was overcast most of the day, and we didn't see the sun until it was almost time to leave. We were joined at the beach by Uncle Rick, Elizabeth, Isabelle, and Sophie, Michael and Mary, Daniel, Molly, and Rosemary. I didn't notice until I got Alastair into the shower at the end of the day just how forcefully the sun came out when it did. He is a little red. I think we may stay out of the sun tomorrow.

After the day at the beach, we headed to Michael and Barbara's for dinner. In addition to the folks we saw at the beach, we were able to see Barbara, Aunt Lisa, Victoria, Laurie, and Sasha. It seemed like everyone brought enough food for the family and when it was all prepared, it seemed like a crazy amount of food. My kids, though, fit right in. After finishing a bowl of ice cream with hot fudge that Lauren had prepared, Adelaide started over and cut herself another piece of krakowska Uncle Rick brought as an appetizer. It was a fun night, and I enjoyed being able to catch up with my aunt, uncle, and cousins. I don't get to see them often enough.

Sorry for the lack of photographs, but the internet connection here is terrible, I'm too tired, and I've lost my patients for trying to get them uploaded.

- Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment