Monday, June 10, 2013

My people

As David and I started to create the itinerary for this trip we identified our route by my people, his people, and important sites to see along the way.  It has been a lot of fun for me that the first four stops have been "my people."
 
This afternoon we were able to spend a few hours with one of my roommates and sorority sisters from CSU, Barbara.  She and her family have lived in Omaha for the past 13 years so we only get to see each other about every 4 years.  My crew had a great time playing at her beautiful house which backs to a soccer field and park.  My kids needed a chance to run and play with other kids and have fun.  I loved our chance to catch up and hope we see them all very soon.











My father's brother Tom and his wife, my Aunt Ann, also live in Omaha.  They are always good to host us when we come down I-80.  My cousin Kaitlan was able to come to dinner and we were so pleased to meet her fiancĂ©, Benji.  Kaitlan is an elementary ed. music teacher so she gets extra cool credit with the kids for teaching them fun music games.  The kids smothered their dogs and played hard and David and I had a really nice time catching up with my Aunt and Uncle.  My Uncle has an impressive herb garden and he sent me on my way with an assortment.  Very cool.


Tonight's KOA is really kid-friendly and the kids were allowed the last 15 minutes before bed to play.  Lasted about 5 before Addie jumped off of the tetter-totter and dropped Alastair on his back side HARD!  Brought back the good old memories of me and Julie doing the exact same thing.  Ouch.  Alastair will remember that for a lifetime I am sure.

Tomorrow,  more time with my people.  150 miles to Indianola, Iowa to see my great aunt and uncle and to eat at my favorite summer time spots from my mom's hometown.  I had a great childhood and great times with my G and G in this tiny little town.

Next day, some more of my favorite people in Springfield, IL.  The Batchelder's are funny, fun, and super easy to be around.  My kids love these cousins and I expect that our late night routines will continue. I feel so blessed that we can be together and that our children have created a great friendship.

Goodnight my people.

Jll

1 comment:

  1. just a few highlights at the batchelders might include sandlot baseball Thursday morning, some picnicking by the lake, some sort of educational Lincoln thing, and LOTS of Late night partying and food, and games.....and my kids love your kids too :)

    ReplyDelete