Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon

On Monday we woke up in the Moffetts' driveway, much to the chagrin of their neighbors I'm sure. Jll went off for a run and I took the kids to Walker Brother's Pancake House. We chose Walker Brother's because I had heard so much about it. I learned that it is a gaudy version of the Original Pancake House. After breakfast I started noticing just how many restaurants in Palatine and Arlington Heights have "pancake house" in the title.

We spent the day relaxing at the Moffetts', with visits from Aunts Gerry, Maddie, and Chris and from Kelly and Mark Kolozsy and Diane Anderson. Our kids played in an inflatable pool, mostly filling and breaking water balloons, for the better part of 12 hours with Carrie's daughters, Madeline and Laine, and Kelly's kids, Matthew, Hannah, and Abby, along with a few assorted neighbor kids. After having to call my father to get the address of our former home in Arlington Heights, I drove over to see it. Not surprisingly, since I moved to Colorado when I was three, I did not recognize the house.


At dusk, Don hung a screen between two trees in the backyard and brought out the AV equipment for a movie in the back yard. We watched RV with the kids, which was a funny movie but perhaps a little too close to home at the moment. The kids are now waiting for me to shower myself with sewage. It was a cool evening, which made for great sleeping, for the last time in the Moffetts' driveway.





This morning we sat and had doughnuts with Aunt Maddie while the kids played with Madeline and Laine. At lunch time we headed up to Gurnee where we met my Uncle Ron for lunch, at a pancake house, of course. It was great to catch up, and it ended too quickly. We picked up the RV and hit the road. It turned into a long afternoon, evening, and night as we drove from Palatine to Cedar Point, Ohio. We rolled into the campground at about 11 o'clock and settled in quick. We have our tickets for the park tomorrow, and we get a jump on the crowds by an hour. Hopefully I can get Adelaide and Alastair to puke by noon.

- Dave

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have been w/you in Il. Sounds like such a great trip. Be safe. I love you all will see you in less than a week.

    ReplyDelete