Thursday, June 6, 2013

Anxiety

      Hi, my name is Adelaide Grace Mclain ("Addie"), I'm ten and on Tuesday I finished 4th grade. About a weak ago, was the fist time Dad tried to put the mini van onto the dolly that is hooked up to the RV. When he and Mom first put it on, Dad was confident that he knew what he was doing. When I looked I thought it looked great as well. We all hopped into the RV for a test drive. We where heading to Papa and Nana's house which is only a block away. On the way there Mom sat in the back on the bed as she watched out the window to make sure her van did not slide off the dolly while we drove. I kept watch in the rear view camera. Everything seemed fine. When we got to Nana and Papa's we parked the RV and went outside to check the car. This is the part where I freaked out. The front of the mini van was scratched up and all of the ropes had fallen. Now you may be thinking why would she freak out over that. I mean its a car with about 90,000 miles and its just a few scratches. Well the reason I freaked out was that I thought we where not going to be able to take the van on the trip. I don't know about you but this worried me. I went inside Papa and Nana's house to calm down. Papa and Nana have a piano and I found that playing piano soothes me. (I play piano.) After I calmed down I decided to join the family again. When I went outside they where measuring the RV and I was just in time to hear Mom say...

     "Do you think I can get on the roof?" and once again hear comes the anxiety.

      "No," I screamed and as I ran inside crying I saw a glimpse of Mom climbing onto the roof. Once again I resigned to my calming method.....piano. When I calmed down I went outside just in time to see the RV pull away only this time the van was parked on the sidewalk. Mom was the only one that stayed behind. Since then Dad and Papa did homework on the dolly and car, Dad went to get the dolly worked on, and I once again got confidence about the dolly working. I hope I never get anxiety like that again. 


- Adelaide

1 comment: