Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lady Liberty

Hi, this is Addie. Today was the day of Lady Liberty. We started out eating streusel and scones for breakfast. We played a game of mini golf at the campsite and then we started driving to Jersey City, in New Jersey, which is right next to Manhattan, New York. We played Phase 10 on the road. When we got to our campsite, we could see Lady Liberty. I got to go onto the roof of the RV to take pictures of her. We got ourselves ready and then headed off. Fifteen minutes later we arrived at the place that would board us onto a boat that would take us to the Statue of Liberty. Once on the boat, we headed off to the island. On the way, we saw Ellis Island. I learned that my great grandpa, Mike Szatkowski, was came on a boat as an immigrant from Poland and passed through Ellis Island. When the boat was turning around the Statue of Liberty I took a bunch of pictures. When we got off the boat, we got our audio tour. It was a little machine that told me about the history of the Statue of Liberty. I wish I could have seen the statue when she didn't look green. The person who narrated the audio guide acted as if she was a falcon. We went in a circle around the statue and I thought that she was beautiful. We got back onto the boat to take us back to New Jersey. I was sad to leave the Statue of Liberty, but I knew I would come back sometime. When we pulled into the dock, I was looking over the railing and I could see it coming. The side of the boat crashed into the side of the dock. For a second, I was really scared because I thought the boat was going to sink. Fortunately, all the boat did was bounce off the dock. I was relieved. We got off the boat and went back to our car.

We drove into Hoboken and got a parking space right in front of Carlo's Bakery. That's the famous bakery on the TV show "Cake Boss." We went to dinner at a pizza shop. Then we went to Carlo's Bakery. We saw tons of people in line. We asked the people in the front how long they had been waiting and they said two hours. We decided instead of eating there, we would find a different dessert place. We chose a German bakery. I got a delicious chocolate piece of cake, filled with Nutella and whipped cream. After dessert, we decided to wake up early tomorrow morning to go to Carlo's Bakery for breakfast. We drove back to the RV. That's it.

Goodnight, Addie

No comments:

Post a Comment