July 25
Today was relatively uneventful for a travel day. Alastair was in a giddy mood all morning and kept cracking jokes. Pretty awesome. We slept in and found breakfast at Cafe Chantilly. There was a cat who the owner warned us was sassy. At 1pm, we took a 1 hour train ride to The Hague, a city well known for its role in international governance.

We made our way to the Will and Tate hostel where we were split into two hostel rooms. Magnolia and I opted to pay a little more to stay in a female only, five bed room. Alastair and Dagny paid a little bit less, but they stayed in a triple-decker bunk bedroom with 10+ strangers.
Not long after we arrived, Magnolia started to feel sick. We decided to take it easy for the evening. I found tea and a pastry at the hostel bar and sat down to do some journaling.
Alastair and Dagny learned from someone in their hostel room that The Hague is the world capital for Indonesian food outside of Indonesia. Obviously, we had to walk to the Indonesian neighborhood of the Hague to a restaurant that Alastair researched. Magnolia and Dagny shared a soup and Alastair and I shared two plates of spicy meats. Alastair and I also got the most bizarre dessert I’ve had in my life. It was shaved ice topped with lychee, condensed milk, coconut milk, and Jell-O. It was sweet and savory and delicious and disgusting at the same time.


We got some groceries for the next couple of days and took it easy for the rest of the night. As our trip winds down, we are also winding down in energy.
Adelaide
No comments:
Post a Comment