Thursday, August 16, 2018

Magnolia's Summer Summary

Our summer sabbatical was very fun for all of us.  We all had a blast being together and playing games on our long RV rides. We played Monopoly, Palace, Rook, Yahtzee, and Sorry. We had fun playing on playgrounds and in pools. We could not count the minutes of the time we all had together as a family.

We ate at a lot of different restaurants. My favorite breakfast place was called the Nugget. It had lots of good options. Every time we were there I got the same thing off the kids menu. It had toast, hash browns, bacon, and an egg. It was a small dish, but I love sides so it was the right option for me. If we didn't go out to eat we would make a scramble for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, or pasta for dinner.  Another good dinner option for our family was Eliott's Restaurants on the pier in Seattle. We ate oysters and clam chowder plus a bunch of other sides and appetizers before we got to our main courses. We ate out every day for at least 2 meals a day in Alaska. Sometimes a meal was substituted by ice cream.

As a family our favorite campgrounds were every KOA. Every KOA campground had a pool and all but one had a playground. We loved to swim in all the cool and refreshing pools and playing around on big and small playgrounds. KOA campgrounds were the most family friendly and some of the bigger ones had lots of shows and attractions.  No other campgrounds were as fun as the KOA family campgrounds.

On our trip we had lots of family time all together. My favorite part was that I woke up in the same room as my whole family for the whole summer.  We played games as a family, sang, and drove.  I loved that I could be with my parents for 75 days and that I never had a day without my family; at least half of them. I hope that the same thing happens again in 5 years.

As a family we agree that Sitka, Alaska was the best place and our favorite place on the entire sabbatical.  We were able to comb the beaches, look for creatures, and eat at our favorite restaurants. It took some flights to get there but it was very worth it.

We have had a lot of fun during our sabbatical this summer and I can't wait til next summer. I hope you liked reading this final blog of mine.

Maggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment