Saturday, August 18, 2018

Alastair's Summary

For my road trip summary entry I am going to focus on restaurants. Sure we did a lot of other things such as tours and museums and that was all fun. But food, great food, was what I really loved in cities to be with family and relax.

Breakfast places were my favorite restaurants in which we dined for sure. My personal favorite breakfast stop was the Nugget at the Sitka, Alaska airport. It had great food and big portions. We all enjoyed the food very much and the McLains all agree it was one of our favorite breakfast places on the road. We played games and told jokes as a family in the Nugget.  We went there 3 times in 3 days, even for dinner once. Overall, Alaska had the best breakfast places.

The best lunch place was in Couer D'Alene, Idaho. It was a hamburger place that only served 1 thing and did so very well.  The food was great as we had immediate service at the counter. It fueled us up so we could continue down main street in a great little lake town, Couer D'Alene.  We all enjoyed the place and Hudsons which was covered extensively in a previous blog. It was the best burger by far in our 75 day road trip and we ate a lot of burgers.

My favorite dinner place was Elliot's in Seattle. It had really good seafood from oysters to clam chowder. We ate a light meal because we weren't to hungry but it was still very good, fresh, local seafood. It had a great atmosphere and patio dining outside. We all enjoyed it except for Dagny who can't stand seafood. I found it to be my favorite because I love all seafood.

Because food was my favorite on the trip I found out that I wanted to write my final blog on the thing I enjoyed the most and used to create the best memories with my family on the trip. The trip was still great in all aspects.

Goodbye for the last time.
Alastair

No comments:

Post a Comment