Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Dagny's Birthday in Bryce

Today I woke up to the family singing "Happy Birthday".  In Denver we always have breakfast in bed on our birthdays. This was the first time I have ever actually been woken up by the birthday song. Every other year I always wake up before the family comes into my room to sing because I am too excited. Mom turned on the air conditioning so the sound would cover up the sound of her setting up. They had apple turnovers, bananas, and strawberries for me for breakfast in bed.  I got a couple cards and found out that I have a secret present waiting for me at home from my dad.

We got the day started after some cuddles and then got dressed and got in the car headed to our hike. On the way there we watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. We parked near the Visitor's Center at Bryce Canyon and found our trail head. The hike was spectacular. It was really, really, beautiful. There were hoodoos everywhere. Some of the rocks were really pointy and some of them looked like stalactites, but they were rocks. The hike was really long and downhill and uphill the whole time. When we were going downhill, my legs hurt. When we were going uphill, my legs hurt. Despite my legs hurting I had a wonderful time. One of my best birthdays yet.


When the hike was almost over we could see the viewpoint at Sunrise Point and when we went up there you could look out over all of Bryce Canyon and the entire amphitheater of stones.  We got some Gatorade and walked to the car. It would have been easier to take the shuttle, but we wanted to walk. We got to the car and watched some more Harry Potter before stopping at the Big Fish Family Restaurant for some lunch. I got some chicken tenders and played some intense foos ball with my siblings. Alastair was the winner of the grand championship beating dad 10 to 7. When Addie and I were on a team we were beat by Alastair and Maggie too.

We came back to the pool while mom was doing laundry so we stole some of her quarters and played with them like a coin dive. We lost one of them in the pool, but that's O-Tay. When I was in the pool I got a birthday call from my cousins in Vermont. I haven't had a chance to call back my other family who called to wish me happy birthday, but I will do it tomorrow. We went to the playground and played some groundies, then went back to the pool to play some more. When we were done with the pool we went back to the RV and started to watch Stand By Me. I really liked the movie. The boys were really good actors. My favorite part of the movie was when they were running from the train. The looks on their faces were really hilarious.

My birthday has been really awesome and I was looking forward to this day for a long, long, time. I am really sad that our trip is coming to an end and I know I am going to miss it until the next one comes around the corner. It makes me sad when mom says things like, "only 5 more days,". I wish we had 127 more. Maybe I can convince them to do it every two years so I can do it two more times before I go to college. Daddy says I can come when I am in college, but I think I will be too busy.

Until next time...DT out.

No comments:

Post a Comment