Thursday, July 26, 2018

In the city and back in our hood

             On Tuesday morning we woke up and ate breakfast. Then we drove through terrible Los Angeles traffic to get to the Griffith Park overlook of the Hollywood sign. We took some quick photos with the sign and then drove to Hollywood Blvd. to see the Walk of Fame. We walked down glancing on the occasional familiar name embedded in the sidewalk and then went into the Hollywood Wax Museum. We walked through a pretty well maintained gallery viewing peoples figures from Robin Williams to Hugh Heffner.

              Then we went to the Believe it or Not and Guinness Records museums. It showed things from the worlds tallest man to a tongue rolling station. Turns out it was a 1 way mirror so when you walked back you would watch other people make fools of themselves without them knowing. After the museums we drove to another popular dive like others we have visited such as Hudson's and Dick's  Hamburgers. It was a hotdog shack called Pinks. We had to wait in line for an hour to order. Once we got our food we ate in the car heading back towards Huntington Beach.

              We met up with our friends again and headed to the beach to have a fire by the ocean. The waves were pretty big so nobody really swam, I only swan for about 10 minutes. Then we just ate s'mores and drank lemonade until the Rangers said the beach was closing. Then we headed back to the RV and hunkered down for the night in the RV. I stayed up a little later watching baseball with the DeBenidettos.

                Yesterday morning we woke up early and headed to LAX to catch our flight back to Denver for the Scates' Family Reunion. When we got back I met 4 of my friends at the park and we just caught up with each other and talked. I had to leave the group behind to go to a Rockies game with 45 of my relatives. The game was pretty good for the Rockies pitching only allowing 2 runs of 1 hit. The game got to the bottom of the 9th tied at 2. Rockies lead off man Charlie Blackmon cranked a no doubt about it walk off home run. We left and headed back for a night of sleep in our own beds.

                Today I woke up and took a shower and built some Lego structures. I packed for the trip to Estes Park and then went downstairs to help Dagny jar up some of the honey she got from her bees. We decided she had about 4 gallons. We jarred as much as we could before our old nanny and family friend came over with her newborn. The girls snuggled with the baby and fed it its bottle while I just held its foot. Then I went to the orthodontist.

                 After that I drove to the mountains with my dad. When we got there we said our hellos and just talked to our family. Then I played some pickup sports with some of my littler cousins on the dirt pitch. After we went inside for dinner which was pork chops and dessert was mint chocolate cake. Then we did trivia which is kind of my bread and butter. My team didn't win but it was still fun. Then the activities came to an end and everyone went away to their cabins.

              Goodbye now, Alastair



No comments:

Post a Comment