Friday, July 6, 2018

Bandon Dunes

Today we woke up at about 7:30 in Bandon Dunes. We had pancakes that Daddy and I made. It was the first time we had pancakes in the RV. Dad wanted to recreate his experience that he had when he was with his friends so we went to Bandon Dunes Golf Resort. Mom and Maggie didn't come but the rest of us did. We rented clubs from the resort. Addie and I shared a bag and dad and Alastair shared one. As you probably are thinking, this resort was really laid back about their rules.



We teed off at 11:15. The course was called The Preserve and it was a 13 hole par three. The course was really beautiful because you could see the water we had a amazing time. The first two holes for me were awful. I got 8 on both of them the rest of the game was all bogies, 5s, and 6s except for dad and my birdies. If I didn't have the two 8s at the beginning of the game and they were 5s instead I would have tied with daddy. I got mine on the 8th hole and on the 5 hole dad said who ever got a birdie would get a hat. On the thirteenth hole dad got a birdie too. Addie and Alastair convinced mom to get them hats to so we all got hats and Maggie, she got the left over balls, tees, and ball markers.

After the game we went to the Punchbowl practice green just for fun so we could golf with mom and Maggie. Mom was by far the best at the practice she got two holes in one and Alastair got one. When we were playing The Preserve I was great on the green but at the Punchbowl I was absolutely awful. My final score was 73 when dad's was 53. Mom would have tied dad if she didn't mess up he last hole.





When we were done with golf we went to the beach mom and Maggie went to while we were playing golf. They wanted to show it to us because they had a lot of fun there and so did we. We didn't have our swim suits so we rolled up our pants and played a game were you have to get as close to the water as possible and run from it when the waves come in. I wasn't wet at all until a big wave came in and Addie held me toward it. I got soaked from torso down but Addie did to so its ok. After that we walked around the beach and I found something that looked like a long string of sausage but it was clear and felt and was clear like a sail jelly. Mom and dad wanted to look around Bandon because we aren't going to be here tomorrow so we got and the car and drove around the old town. It was teeny tiny but we managed to find some ice cream. I don't know why but wherever we go we always get ice cream. I feel like at the end of the trip I will be bored of ice cream.

We drove back to the motorhome and took showers, Maggie and I finished our movie from yesterday and dad, Addie, and Alastair sat by the fire. After that we brushed our teeth and got ready for bed. I am loving our trip. These are the memories I will never forget and the feelings I never want to lose. I am the luckiest girl in the world to get to do this with my family. 

Peace - Dagny

No comments:

Post a Comment