Sunday, June 17, 2018

A Father's Day Reunion: Adelaide's Return

You all may have noticed that for the past couple of days I have been missing from the entries regarding our trip. The reason for this is that I have been on a week long mission trip in Detroit, MI. I left last Saturday on the 9th and landed in Denver. I spent the night seeing family, friends, and checking in on our house. I left the next morning with my youth group and flew to Detroit. We spent the week working on preparing soil on urban farms, serving lunch to the homeless community there, repairing and bringing life to homes all over the city, and enjoying the beautiful landscape and attractions of the area. I LOVED spending time with my youth group and getting to know the city better. We flew back to Denver yesterday afternoon and I got to sleep in my own bed again before flying out this morning to meet my family in Seattle. Mom and Maggie picked me up from the airport with donuts in hand. We met up with the family at the RV and I unpacked. We drove about 30 minutes to a new campsite and then got our swimsuits on to meet up with our friends, the Jarrett family, at their pool. We swam for hours, dived off of the high dive, had shrimp, steak, and guacamole for lunch, and then I drove us back to the RV. I caught up on some scrapbooking and we are all now going to begin packing for Alaska as the kids play hide and go seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment